Your Ultimate Guide to Collectible Military Firearms
If you're interested in military guns, this is your book
You'll Love This If:
- You're a military gun collector who wants accurate gun values from a trusted source
- You inherited a gun or gun collection and need to identify it and learn its value
- You want the industry's largest standard catalog on military guns for future purchase ideas
The Standard Catalog of Military Firearms, 6th Edition is the "industry standard" reference on military guns. Whether you collect military firearms or just enjoy learning about them, there's no better way to unlock their secrets than with this book. Covered are military handguns and rifles, plus shotguns and machineguns. You get detailed descriptions, photos and estimated values in five condition grades. Firearms are covered by country of origin in alphabetical order, starting with Argentina, and ending with Yugoslavia-Serbia, with massive sections looking at the giants of military gun manufacturing like Germany, Russia and the United States of America.
You’ll Learn About:
- Gun values and gun grades for thousands of new and used military firearms
- How to grade and estimate values of war guns
- Mags and bayonets for military guns - an important consideration for the buyer
TIP: A Great Gift Idea for Any Military Buff!
About the Author
- Thousand of military gun photos with detailed descriptions so you can accurately identify your guns
- Values and information on accessories - bayonets, clips, mags, holsters and more
- New sections on pre-cartridge era firearms
Phillip Peterson is a fulltime federal firearms license (FFL) holder and for the past 20 years has been the proprietor of Pieces of History, a retail firearms shop specializing in historically significant guns. He is a featured columnist for Gun Digest the Magazine
and is the editor of Standard Catalog of Military Firearms
and Gun Digest Buyer's Guide to Tactical Rifles
, both published by Gun Digest Books. He, his wife Kelli, and two sons live on a sprawling compound in rural northeastern Indiana.
What The Experts are Saying
"Hardly a day passes when I don't reference the Standard Catalog of Military Firearms. The photos and descriptions help me determine accurate identifications and the pricing provides a solid foundation for determining values. My copy is dog-earred, written-on and heavily used…three characteristics of a truly useful book!" - John Adams-Graf Editor, Military Trader and Military Vehicles Magazine
"Hands down the definitive source for military gun values. But thanks to the detailed descriptions, photos and captions, it's also a rich source of military firearm history. I use it to "window shop" for ideas on military guns I'd like to add to my collection." - Corey Graff, Online Editor, GunDigest.com