D&DH magazine has been developed under the direction of white-tailed deer hunters offering comprehensive and practical information about white-tailed deer and deer hunting techniques — the type of editorial no one else has been able to imitate. Here's a few highlights from the January 2009 issue:
- In 5 Ways Whitetails Beat Us, join our Behavior Editor Charles Alsheimer as he explains why mature whitetails are wired to elude us at every turn.
- Bill Vaznis asks, Who wants to wait until next season when you could have that old buck at your fingertips now? In Top Tactics for Late-Season Bucks, learn five tips that will help keep you from eating your tag this year!
- In Deer Research: Snowed Out, John Ozoga demonstrates why Michigan's Upper Peninsula is the perfect case study for winter's effects on whitetail populations and region-wide deer harvest strategies.
- Stress, red tape and low wages seem to be influencing the quality and performance of recruits for the most important jobs in wildlife management. Les Davenport shows why in, The Deer Police: Are They Out to Get You?
- Plus Deer Behavior, Rue's Views, New Gear and much, much more!