December 2009 Deer & Deer Hunting Digital Issue
Inside This Issue
- Exclusive! Photos of 27-point buckDan Schmidt opens a time capsule. What he finds is nothing short of amazing.
- Dr. Phillip Bishop gives the final word in the dead space debate.
- When it came to real-world, deer shooting advice, Dad and Grandpa really did know best. Keith R. McCaffery recalls nine essential proverbs.
- Steve Bartylla looks at decoy tactics that work.
- Minor changes in bullet, powder or primer can result in major improvements to your muzzleloader's accuracy. Use these tips from Chad Schearer for the best results.
- Charles J. Alsheimer introduces a deer management concept that puts reality and herd health ahead of frustration and pie-in-the-sky goals.
- An early winter can wipe out fawns, diminish productivity and even halt the rut, John J. Ozoga explains.
- Les Davenport reveals five states that offer better-than-average odds for do-it-yourself big-buck hunts.
- The most important bones in a deer's body are in the spine. Dr. Phillip Bishop shows why hunters shouldn't forget that.
- Just because the final sun of the season sets doesn't mean darkness has to follow. Perhaps, writes Rev. Zeke Pipher, hunters need a break to truly appreciate the sport.